The School Psychology Service (SPS) provides a specialist psychological assessment, intervention and consultation service for schools. At Kalamunda we value this service highly and employ the school psychologist for additional time to help support our students.
The SPS provides support in three main areas:
- Working with students, parents and their schools to identify and change target behaviours at the individual, group and systemic level.
- Conducting assessments of students experiencing learning difficulties and/or disabilities at schools.
- Supporting schools in making appropriate curriculum adjustments for students in order to enhance their learning outcomes.
Mental Health and Well-being
- Providing direct support for students experiencing mental health and wellbeing difficulties.
- Assisting schools and children to maximise the development of positive mental health and well-being.
Referrals can be made by the student services team members, teachers, parents or by students themselves. The best way for a parent to access a School Psychologist is to speak with the school’s leadership team (Associate Principal, Student Services Manager, Head of Senior School, Year 10 Coordinator or Head of Middle School). This will then allow the concerns to be discussed and any further actions negotiated.