Prospective Students

Kalamunda Senior High School is a local intake school.

Click the map to view the local intake area.

Written Version of Local Intake Area- click here

We are pleased to provide information about enrolling in our school. Choosing a secondary school is not an easy task and we welcome your enquiries. We will work with you to ensure that your child’s transition to our school, whether it be primary to secondary, interstate, overseas or from another school is as smooth as possible. Kalamunda SHS is a school of choice in the area and parents tell us that they choose to enrol their children not only because of our high academic results, but because of our caring and supportive community feel. Enrolment is open to all students in our local intake area, as defined by government and Department of Education guidelines and policy. Students typically from the following schools: Kalamunda PS, Gooseberry Hill PS, Maida Vale PS, Edney PS, High Wycombe PS, Darlington PS, and Glen Forrest PS live within our local intake area and are entitled to enrol at the school. Students at Walliston PS, Lesmurdie PS, Falls Road PS, and Helena Valley PS may also live in our local intake. If you are unsure about whether you are entitled to enrol at the school, please refer to the intake map or the written version of the local-intake area, or contact the school. Students who gain a place in the Gifted and Talented Visual Arts Program may cross boundary to attend the school. Please contact the school to find out more information.

Open Day 2019 – to be advised

To apply for enrolment at Kalamunda Senior High School

Download general application for:

Acceptance of enrolment for students transitioning from primary school will not be finalised until after the Department of Education closing date (usually end of July). Download specialist program application (if applicable)

Current Students


Send applications to the school enrolment officer or 12 Cotherstone Rd Kalamunda 6076 or fax 9293 4448. If you need any assistance please contact the school. Things you will need to submit with your application:

  • your child’s birth certificate
  • your child’s immunisation records (telephone the Australian Immunisation Register on 1800 653 809 (free call), visit your local Human Services Centre or register online with Human Services and then use Medicare Online Services to print a Statement)
  • proof of your current residential address (eg recent accounts for electricity, water and telephone, or bank details)
  • copies of Family Court orders for confirmation of proof of name or custody arrangements
  • if your child was not born in Australia, you must provide evidence of the date of entry into Australia, passport or travel documents, permanent residency visa and previous visas (if applicable)
  • if your child is a temporary visa holder you must provide:
    • Confirmation of enrolment or evidence of permission to transfer provided by TAFE International Western Australia – if holding an International full fee student visa, sub class 571; or
    • Evidence of the visitor and temporary resident visa (other than sub class 571 referred to above); or
    • Evidence of the visa for which the student has applied (if the student holds a bridging visa)
    • If you hold a 457 visa, you are required to send your visa details to us through Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO) or make an appointment to have your documentation verified by the school
      • enter the required information and agree to the terms and conditions
      • submit
      • complete the remaining steps to send the visa details to the school
      • email to

International students

The school is registered with the Department of Education as a school that is approved to accept International Fee Paying Students. For further information contact TAFE International Western Australia (TIWA). We also welcome exchange students from overseas countries and this has been a feature of Kalamunda over many years however we are only able to accept International students if we have available places in the school.